Tips To Keep Food Cravings At Bay
Food cravings can be harmful to your health. Especially, if you are not able to resist cravings for junk foods, high carb items and fat foods, you may end up getting affected by metabolic disorders.
Experts have found that high insulin levels in the body may make you crave for high carb items like sweets, ice creams, cakes and pastries. If you succumb to such temptations, you may want more of these items and your insulin levels may go up still further. It becomes a vicious cycle and therefore, you must break this habit. The following tips may be useful.
- The first and foremost step you should never ignore is that you must never skip your meals. By skipping meals, you'll feel more hungry and so, you may look for such unwanted food items. Your blood sugar levels may come down due to your famishing and that is the reason you may be looking for these items because these items may quickly increase the blood sugar levels. But if you have your meals on time, you may not crave for these foods.
Even if you are not able to eat your meal on time, you must avoid these foods. Instead, you can opt for fruits, vegetables or foods made of wholesome grains. These items may not only provide you with enough energy to withstand your hunger but may get you good amounts of nutrients as well. These items will take time for breaking down and so, your blood sugar levels may not shoot up instantly.
- If you regularly face such cravings, your focus should turn on proteins because this shows that your regular foods do not contain enough of proteins. They may contain more of carbohydrates. It is a proven fact that sufficient proteins in the foods may stabilize and regulate blood sugar in your system.
- Try new food items. You have a number of items from which you can make choices. Especially, if you make judicious choices, you can minimize your food cravings. There are a number of websites on the Net that may guide you to choose several combinations of food items that may help you fight your food cravings successfully.
- Never store tempting foods at home. If you have these unwanted items in your refrigerator, you may find it difficult to control your cravings. Even when you shop, avoid those spots where such food items are kept. It is better to avoid food shops that sell these items also.
- Researchers have found that regular exercises may reduce insulin levels in the body and so, you can keep food cravings at bay.
- Avoid eating when you are stressed out. You will be tempted to reach out for such unwanted foods during stressful situations. Yoga and meditation may help you manage your stress levels.
- When you are hungry, you must check if it is real hunger. Drink two glasses of water and if you find that your hunger subsides, you can be certain that you are thirsty and not hungry. Only if your hunger continues to remain even after drinking water, you can choose to eat some healthy foods.