Understand This Secret To Lose Your Weight

If you are overweight, you must adopt a two-pronged approach for reducing your weight. The main point is you should adopt a good diet regimen and this will help you to the extent of 80 per cent in your efforts to lose your weight. Exercises will take care of the remaining 20 per cent.

Experts advise you to choose your foods carefully. You need fats, carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals for maintaining a good health. Some people may misguide you that you should keep away from fats and carbohydrates. But, without fats and carbohydrates, neither your body nor your brain will be able to function efficiently. You should understand a few facts about fats and carbohydrates.

You have both good carbohydrates and bad ones. Sweets, ice creams, pastries, cakes, foods that are made with white flour or processed flour, carbonated drinks, bottled drinks and fruit juices that contain sugar contain a lot of bad carbohydrates and these are major contributors of calories to your body. You should reduce intake of these items or if possible, avoid them completely. You have good carbohydrates in fresh fruits and vegetables and you should eat liberal quantities of these items.

Likewise, you have bad fats in fried and deep-fried foods, junk and processed foods. Though you may not be able to avoid them completely, you must reduce their intake. Good fats are present in foods that are prepared with fish oil, olive oil and coconut oil. You can eat them for supplying good fats to your body.

Of course, you get good doses of vitamins and minerals from fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, beans and nuts.

When you talk of proteins, you should also talk about your exercises regimen. Your exercises regimen must consist of both cardiovascular and weight-training exercises. While cardiovascular diseases help you to reduce your weight, unfortunately, they take a toll on your muscles. So, it becomes absolutely necessary that you should do your weight-training exercises also to re-build your muscles. For re-building your muscles, proteins are very much necessary.

Here lies a secret. When you build your muscles, you can easily lose your weight because good muscles need a lot of calories to maintain themselves. So, you should focus on building your muscles. Once you have them, day in and day out, they keep burning calories round the clock irrespective of your other activities.

So, by adopting a good diet regimen and by building good muscles, you can lose your excess weight and lead a healthy life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Want To Become Rich? Try These Steps

If You Are Not Happy With Your Life, It Is You Who Is Responsible For It

The Secret of Success, Demystified